Saturday, July 21, 2007

What Sleep?


Ahh, my favorite thing in the whole wide world, SLEEP! Pre-pregnancy Andy and I would sleep in till noon. First Trimester, never slept so good in my life. Second Trimester, a little less since I was beginning to wait up and have to pee all the time. Third Trimester, ahh I thought I couldn't sleep and would go on the couch and watch t.v. at night. WHAT WAS I THINKING???? Post pregnancy, sleep, what sleep? Now when people tell you to get as much sleep as you possibly can, do it! I really couldn't prepare myself for this. Granted it is now 6 weeks into motherhood and I am somewhat beginning to see a light at the end of the tunnel, but 6 weeks ago I think I was averaging 2 hours a night. Now we are going 3 hours straight before he wakes up for a feeding.


Now this brings me into a whole other issue. Putting him down. OH MY GOSH, this baby has an alarm in him and knows when I am not holding him. He will either wake up within 30 seconds, or he will wait until I begin to fall asleep. Now some may think, what about Andy? He is half his right? Alex is become a mommas boy, what can you expect from him when I am with him ALL day. Andy will get up and all Alex will do is scream, so I have no choice but to get up. I can say though, things are getting better. If I wrote this 3 weeks ago, I don't think I would have had the same outlook.


Well speaking of sleeping, I just laid Alex down in the crib about 5 minutes ago, and surprise he's back up. Until next time........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ha...I am sorry hun...oh you poor thing...but hopefully ALex will lighten up a little bit and not be a mommas boy so much and Andy can take care of him...while you take a NAP...love ya and hang in there...